[Clement L. Rasul, 9 November 2011]
We congratulate the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) of the Republic of the Philippines for launching the M&E Network Philippines. The launching was held yesterday, November 8, 2011, dinnertime, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Ortigas Center, Pasig City. Prior to the launching, the first M&E Network Forum was also held in the same hotel for two days (November 7-8, 2011). The event was attended by representatives from partner organizations, government agencies, donor agencies, and the academe.
The M&E Network envisions to ensure the achievement of development results and mobilize development practitioners to apply or utilize improved evaluation systems and processes in enhancing the likelihood of accomplishing development objectives. Accordingly, the objectives of the M&E Network are:
(from left) Representatives from Legaspi City LGU: Grace Bachiller, PEO IV; Irene Solmirano, CPMC NGO Member; Jocelyn Codorniz, PEO III; Roderick M. Planta, Director, Project Monitoring Staff; Clement Rasul, Results Monitoring and Evaluation (RME) Consultant for MDGF-1919
• Provide a venue for dissemination and discussion of evaluation findings;
• Serve as platform for purposive collection of M&E findings on particular themes;
• Foster exchange of views among M&E practitioners on various aspects of M&E;
• Generate policy agenda for action from M&E experiences, findings and recommendations;
• Develop a culture of results orientation among M&E units and practitioners; and
• Strengthen and broaden M&E capacities or members
Members in the M&E Network Philippines is inclusive. Eligible members are: (i) Development Partners (DPs), (ii) Academe, M&E practitioners/consultants, (iii) Civil society organizations (CSOs), (iv) Oversight agencies, and (v)Implementing agencies. Currently, the NEDA PMS serves as the interim secretariat of the M&E Network. NEDA PMS is located at 12 St. J.M. Escriba Drive, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines 1605. They can be contacted by landline at (632)631-3755 and fax at (632)631-3753.